Sunday, November 22, 2009

sourcebook. things i have been looking at.

In considering our Utopia project, I've been trolling through a lot of the past blogs looking at previous projects. I'm completely enamored with Erika Raberg's project (not her Utopia project, but what appears to be an assignment from last spring).



Her images show an eerie world which intermingles overwhelming solitude and childhood iconography.

I can't actually think about anything else. These images are like utopia for me. Cupcakes and bathtubs and dresses and balloons? That sounds like me. I played alone a lot when I was little and... I don't know. I relate to these images a lot. I guess I'm trying to wrestle with how to do something similar but in my own way, but more likely I'll have to go in an entirely different direction for fear of imitation.




I'm also super amused by her Utopia project, where she photographed mundane activities—underwater. Thereby creating an amusing situation, and changing our perspective about this silly tasks which have been rendered useless by this change in scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers